Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hiking around NYC


I like hiking around NYC. Especially in the winter. I find the cold, austerity, and lonliness to be sublime. And best of all, I haven't been on a hike yet that I would consider difficult -- sorry guys, but even my hometown in CA has more treacherous climbs than Breakneck Ridge. Today was slippery and snowy trip through Harriman State Park. We had had a recent ice storm which coated the forest in a spectacular glassy silver. And in spite of forcasts for a cold, sunny day, we hit the trail in windy snow flurries. The sun finally broke through just as we were approaching the "summit" and what a view.

2 comments:

Anna said...

look forward to some more hiking pics. Or even better! Go on a hike with you!

Anna said...

going to write anything anytime soon?

Maybe about your cute wife?